Mackenzie Journeys uses small superior coaches and SUV`s and their guides offer real local knowledge on their trips. Tours include many stops and film opportunities not often experienced by the other tours that just pass through the area.
Visitors Favourite - Our Popular Day Tour
Tekapo - Mt Cook - Tekapo: Approximately 6 hours
See it all and partake in extra activities such as glacier visits, mountain flights, bush walks, visit the Sir Ed Hillary Centre and more.
- 1 - 4 Persons $430 total
- 5 - 10 Persons $500 total
PART DAY TOURS of approx 3 or 6 hours take in parts of the Mackenzie and Mt. Cook regions. All our part day tours commence from Lake Tekapo or Fairlie and can take in the Mt John Observatory, Mt Cook Station Park and the Godley or Macauley river areas.
ONE DAY TOURS of approx 8hrs travel through the Mackenzie region to Mt Cook, Twizel and the Waitaki Valley, commencing and finishing at any South Canterbury location, including Lake Tekapo, Fairlie and Timaru.
These tours can encompass up close, lowland and highland farming systems, unsurpassed iconic scenery of the high country, mountains, plains, lakes and braided river systems, towns along the way as well as the incomparable Upper Waitaki Hydro Electric Power scheme with dams and canals.
TWO DAY TOURS encompass most of the 1 DAY TOUR at an even more leisurely pace spending a night in a High Country town and can take in the town of Oamaru with its unique historic Victorian town within.
Customise Your Tours
- All day tours may be customised to Clients wishes and take in meal and refreshment stops.
- There will be time to involve yourself in other activities on route if desired—Scenic Alpine Flights, Glacier Visits, Earth and Sky Observatory and others.
- Part day tours of 3 or 6 hour duration can include a BBQ or cold served lunch around midday at an extra $15.00.pp.
- Part day tours can also skirt the Mackenzie Plains and visit Lake Benmore at the Haldon Arm.
- Part day tours can also include parts of the full day tour like the Mt John Observatory and Mt Cook Station visits, but if you wish to add more than one extra activity to your trip then we recommend a longer duration or full day tour.
PRE—BOOKING is advised but not always necessary. Go here to pre-book.
- Part Day 3 Hour From $50.00 pp
- Part Day 6 Hour From $80.00 pp
- One Day From $162.00 pp
- Two Day From $246.00 pp
What others said about our scenic tours
Thank-you very much for the scenic tour Timaru to Mt Cook. Didn't realise the amazing Mackenzie Country scenery existed as such. Will certainly recommend your tours to others. Truly magnificent and well guided." John & Susan Capell-Smith, Auckland.
What to bring
We recommend you bring suitable clothing for cold and warm weather, suitable footwear, snacks, sunscreen, sunglasses and camera.